Any ExpressCard/34 audio solutions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by auxio, Oct 5, 2006.

1. auxio macrumors newbie

I used to use an Echo Audio Indigo DJ Cardbus card in my old Powerbook so that I could get two stereo audio outputs for DJing. However, now that I have a MacBook Pro, I'm looking for a similar solution in ExpressCard/34. Anyone heard of anything like this out there?

Yes, I could use a USB/Firewire audio device, but that's more hassle when lugging my gear around everywhere (extra power adapter, cables, etc). Right now I'm just splitting the analog audio into two mono signals since fidelity isn't a major concern (though it would be preferable to have stereo outputs).

2. quixotic macrumors regular

...finally!

Echo audio.
    http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/ExpressCard/IndigoIOx/index.php

I've tried contacting several major audio companies about this. Their answer has been big bulky firewire interfaces. I haven't owned an echo product in over a decade, but that's about to change.

JSYK, it's not OSX compatible yet. They state that they'll have OSX support by year's end.

3. CTechKid macrumors regular

I wonder if that will be an affordable solution to the snap-crackle-pop noise that most MBP users are currently dealing with when using headphones.

4. quixotic macrumors regular

I certainly hope so. I don't get pop's but I do get a lot of weird modulated noise, especially noticable in quiet passages. It's absolutely unbearable through canal phones. I seriously cannot use the analog out, it's total crap.

I really wish Apple would just drop an audiophile ad/da chip in the MBP. There not that expensive, it might make the MBP cost $10 more. Personally, it's a travesty that an iPod shuffle sounds way better than my MBP.

5. ipo macrumors member

abso***lutely !

Same here- we all know ,that a lot of us could use a better audio module. and quite a lot of us do need such. :eek: