Any family members/friends also MR members?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jsw, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I was reading this thread and started wondering:

Who here has a family member/close friend who also posts?

I'm not talking about people who met here, but people who knew each other prior to joining.

To start it off: one of my brothers is a member. I'll leave it up to him to admit to it if he wants, but he's been a member for a few months now.

Anyone else?

2. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

aftermy recent thread, I surely hope not.
    asking for advice about this sort of thing on an internet forum is tough enough...having someone I know know about it would be extremely not cool.my recent thread,

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

My only mac-user relative is my wife and she decided not to post here because I was already doing it, but sometimes we decide together what to write.

I know, it's not necessary to be a mac user to post here but anyway she is the only one interested in computers.

and friends here? I don't think so, I'm not sure but he/she would have told me about it, wait I don't tell my friends I post here... :rolleyes:

But the friend of a friend is a mac-head and could be around this place...

5. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

I have quite a lot mac-using friends and whenever they have a problem I can't solve (pretty much any problem that's not completely basic, hehe) I send them on to this place... So a number of them have got profiles here now, but I don't think any of them post very often - only when they're in trouble...

A

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I have friends on MacRumors and some of my friends I met here - but there aren't many who post regularly....

D

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

only mac user in my family, and my ex fiance would never post to a site like this so i guess im all alone here

but really thats okay, we have a great community in my opinion, and any posters who end up being problematic are dealt with accordingly, the reason i keep coming back here is because its actually a forum where people are mature and helpful

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

Admit he's a member, or admit he's your brother?

I've got a brother I'd like to get on the board, but so far no luck. Of course, I've also tried to get him to buy a Mac, with the same amount of success.

I've tried telling him how wonderful it is to completely neglect your work and instead spend hours reading and posting, but he'll have nothing of it.

9. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, he'd obviously already be a member, so the embarrasing admission would be that I'm a relation... sort of a Jimmy/Billt Carter sort of thing....

Same with my other brother. He once said the only reason he didn't buy an iBook/AirPort Express/iSight combo because of the sales tax (lame, yes). So I bought him an AE through the Apple Store and told him that his excuse was null and void - the iBook/iSight combo with tax would now cost him less than the original combo would have tax free. He wrote back saying, in essence, thanks but no thanks. So I cancelled the order.

This guy could easily afford a Mac - for God's sake, he spends $6+/day on dog treats for his dog (no, not dog food - $6+ for the treats alone). I think he'd actually like it. But he just refuses to get one. I offered to send my old G3 PB out to him for a month or two just to play with. He turned that down.

I suspect mental illness, but I can't prove it. ;)

10. emw macrumors G4

emw

Yeah, I've read some of your posts, but I won't make comments on who I'd assume would be Billy. ;)

11. apple2991 macrumors 6502

12. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

In the real world, I'm the only Mac user I know.. Thus, no friends/relatives on the boards (that im aware of...).

13. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Proof

My brother has also recently joined MR. I also have talked to a lot of people in passing that have mentioned posting, or at least reading/lurking here. It really is a great community.