...any Flash on iWeb???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macdon401, Jan 30, 2006.

1. macdon401 macrumors 6502

macdon401

...first...I checked out the threads on iWeb, and found no answers, second, most of the sites had a "made in iWeb look" to them. I realize the program is not for pro's and is limited...but Job's pitch at the keynote and the Apple site gives the impression you can do anything with the program!
    Other comments are .Mac is slow in loading content, and a mess of other complaint's and observations. AND there were not many sites posted and a lot of them didn't even sjow or were lost...I'm using the latest Camino by the way.
    My question is...can you use Flash on the iWeb sites...can you make a totally Flash site, ???
    Thank you
    R

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Essentually, iWeb just makes html files that are then put into the users iDisk in the Sites folder. All you have to do is put what you want in the Sites folder and it will be your web page. So yes, if you have some skill, you can make a site with iWeb, then open the html files and add your flash to a page. Or you can make your whole page independent of iWeb, and just load it into the iDisk's Site folder. Oh yeah, index.html is the first file it looks for, so if you make your site independently, then make sure you first main file is index.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Minor point: iWeb can also save to folders, meaning it's a lot like a lot of other web site creation apps except it also has a direct .Mac tie-in.

If you're advanced enough to use Flash, you're probably too advanced to use iWeb.