any free dictation software

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by wmmk, Jan 21, 2007.

1. macrumors 68020

wmmk

Hey everyone,
    I'm in a bit of a rush, writing a terribly long paper. Any dictation software available for free or at least that has a trial available? Any to scan a handwritten document into a .doc?
    Thanks,
    wmmk

2. macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hmm. Have a PC? (Or Parallels/etc) My Dell Printer (on the PC obviously) can scan handwritten docs. into text. I did a bit of searching & couldn't find anything for Mac. Good luck though.

3. macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

does that dell scanner use any software in particular? That could come in handy for rough drafts of esays for me...

4. macrumors 68000

Aperture

I think it uses the Dell AIO software that comes with their all in ones. I haven't used the program in a while, & I think it gets a few of the words wrong (naturally) so you have to go through and check it all.

Pretty handy though.

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

wmmk

hmmm... have a fax? I'll paypal you $5 if you can turn my rough draft into a .doc!:)

6. macrumors 68000

Aperture

Check your PMs~

7. thread starter macrumors 68020

wmmk

hey, saw that. thanks. anyway, got the paper typed and turned it. I really need to get one of those stands that you put looseleaf in so it's at eye level when you type. that'd make everything way, way faster!