Any Free to Enter Competions in the UK?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by StokeLee, Oct 1, 2005.

1. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

After sending off over 300 text entries to the Walkers Mini iPod competion and not winning anything, and about 100 via the website. I need to end my run of not winning.

Does anyone know of any free to enter competions?

I know of the Kellogs Honey Nut one, but thats not over the net, and you have to pay postage,,, one entry per stamped envelope.

Im going to do a seach on the net, and find some, and if i do, Ill post the links. P.S I dont mean the ones like myoffers and the like where you have to sign up to loads of other stuff to0.

Lee

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

There are loads of competitions if you know where to look – I've won a shed load of stuff over the past few years (including my G5 ;)).

One tip that's worked for me – keep an eye out in your local newspaper, especially on weekdays. They often have some quite good stuff up for grabs, and are going to attract a lot less entrants than national, heavily advertised competitions like the Walkers iPod promotion. And the less people that enter the competition, the more likely you are to have your entry picked out the hat. All in all, I'd say probably 90% of my wins have come from the local press.

Granted, most of these competitions will cost you the price of a stamp to enter, but that's usually cheaper than the cost to text in an entry like the Walkers iPod competition, and if you win a couple of prizes you're going to more than recoup the postage cost.

Good luck – let us know if you manage to win anything!