Any funny Radio Shack stories?

Discussion in 'Community' started by coopdog, Aug 20, 2003.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Oct 5, 2002
    The Great Midwest
    I remember when I was about 10 I bought a pack of LED's with my dad and the guy working there said that they would be fine running on 9V. I hooked them up to the battery and they melted all over my hand and burned really bad.

Never buy their batteries!!!
    We bought some for a radio and after a week they had leaked all over a marble counter top and the acid stained it. The same happend on a wood table a year later.

I bought one of thoes RC cars there, and it actually started smoking and cought on fire and melted. We called radio shack and they told us to send it back to some place. I got it back and after a week or so, it melted again. I gave up on it.

The people there have no idea what they are doing, I will ask them questions about stuff I already know about and then they look at me with a dumb look and and call some other guy over and then I hear, "umm" "hmm" "well" "hmm." And thats about it.

Any funny Radio Shack stories out there?
  2. tazo macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2003
    Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA actually
    i have a funny story.

They asked me for my name, address, phone number, zip code and what size shoe i was wearing when i needed to buy batteries.
  3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Jun 23, 2003
    St Augustine, FL
    I work customer service for the mall at my town and I always have customers coming to me complaining because Radio Shack fails to accept mall gift certificates or honor their own warantees. It's really annoying and if I go down there to talk to them about it they act like they have a brain impediment. I don't see much reason to even go to a Radio Shack, they have subpar electronics and the times I've been there concerning my Spring PCS service, they just have no clue about anything dealing with them. Their slogan should be "We've questions, you've got answers"