Any good GPS software for OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coopdog, Apr 30, 2005.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Hey how's it goin' guys?

I'm thinking of putting a Mac Mini in my Ford. I'm trying to decide between a PC running linux or a mac mini (which I would like much more). However, I was unable to find any software for OS X that acts like a car GPS program. Is there anything on the market for OS X that can act like a car GPS program?

Thanks a lot guys!

2. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

3. Ians macrumors newbie

Hi,

I use the European version of Route66 with full GPS support works great (no voice though).

Take a look at:
    http://www.66.com/route66/index.php

Regards
    Ian

PS. there are a lot of Bluetooth GPS/USB GPS Mouse units to be found at eBay

4. efoto macrumors 68030

Here is a basic versiontracker search for 'gps'. I only looked at two or three but I think you can perhaps find some options for what you are talking about.

Best of luck, keep us updated as to what you decide and end up doing in your auto.

5. EasyB macrumors member

EasyB

I wish Delorme would get off there rear and support mac again. I use their software with a Pcee in the car for mapping. Great software, awful o/s

6. IronRick macrumors newbie

Virtual PC

Hi,

I just started using Rt. 66 USA with a GlobalSat BT-338 and while the GPS unit works great I have many desires for a mapping program better than Rt. 66

Has anyone tried Virtual PC with either Delorme or Trip Maker from MS.? I would like to be able to use a breadcrumb feature and that is not on RT. 66 and according to a recent e-mail from them (RT 66) they have no plans to update the USA version.

Thanks,

Rick

7. macapple macrumors member

8. macsters macrumors newbie

Garmin?

How do you connect the garmin to your mac?

If Garmin doesn't work what kind of GPS to you recommend with 10.4 for handheld GPS?