Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
Purchased my first camera 2 months ago and am really interested in starting to edit my photos on my 11" iPad Pro. Are there any good apps for beginners? Ive been doing my research, and see that Darkroom & Afterlight 2 are pretty good, but would like a second opinion. I also see that Affinity is pretty good as well?

Any opinion is welcome. Thanks!

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
It strongly depends on what you want to achieve. Is your goal to edit a lot, do a lot of post production on the images? Maybe Pixelmator or the upcoming Photoshop for iPad fit that bill best or maybe Lightroom.

I personally don’t like much post production on my images, regardless of the system I use to do it on. I occasionally tweak my images in Photos or in Snapseed.

If you are very new to photography my additional advise is to focus on what you want to learn first. It’s impossible to become an excellent camera user and great at post production at the same time. The camera and lens plus settings is the most important element to master first, then comes post production/editing. Not to mention the creative aspects like composition...

Best success!

Reactions: Ulenspiegel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.