Any got the U2 iPOD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macnemo, Oct 31, 2004.

1. macnemo macrumors newbie

macnemo

When does urs ship? or wats ur order status?
    My says on or before 24/11/2004. Status:Open

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...no, nobody has them yet...Apple made it pretty clear that they were not shipping for a few weeks - like, not until the new U2 album is out....oh yeah!

3. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

4. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I got 2 from ebay :D one for me and the other is for my best friend.

5. macnemo thread starter macrumors newbie

macnemo

6. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Weird. People are actually buying these things?

It'd be interesting to know... hands up who's buying/bought one of these?

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

And it's important we know if you're colour blind (those things are hideous!), maybe we'll let you off :D

8. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Well, I think there will be some people going for them, just for the significance of the red and black combination.

Lee Tom

9. macnemo thread starter macrumors newbie

macnemo

Wats wrong with u ppl? Anyhow thanks for ur comments...
    TO EACH HIS OWN!!!

10. macnemo thread starter macrumors newbie

macnemo

Can ppl hu got they're U2 iPOD post in this thread...
    Thanks

11. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

While they're not my cup of tea, I do know someone who's getting one & is pretty excited about it... Far be it for me to rain on anyone's parade by calling them "hideous"... You never know, they may be "tragically hip" & we just haven't realized what some people already knew...;-)...lol...

12. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Do you have to concentrate to use that much slang ?...lol... Wouldn't it be easier to just type normal ?...

13. vga4life macrumors 6502

Your ritual abuse of the English language is appalling.

Not words: "urs," "ur," "wats"
    Words: yours, your, what's

Not words: "Wats," "u," "ppl," "ur"
    Words: What's, you, people, your.

(Bonus points for using "some of you" or "all of you" in place of "you people.")

Not words: "ppl," "hu"
    Words: "people," "who"

This sentence makes my head explode for so many reasons.

You said, in effect,
    "Can people who recieve they are U2 iPod post in this thread."

This is gibberish.

Suggested alternatives:
    "Would people who have received their U2 iPods please post in this thread?"
    "Please post in this thread if you have received your U2 iPod."

-vga4life

"Wat?! Wat ain't no country I ever heard of! Do they speak English in Wat?"

14. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

Thank you for pointing that out, otherwise I was going to have to do that. ;)

15. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

Ditto!

That l33t speak h4x0r crap makes me want to stab people.

16. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I agree that the U2 ipod looks bad online, but I've thought that about many of apple's products that turn out to be very nice in person. So I'm not passing judgment until I see one in person...

17. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

18. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

On a slightly bizarre note the U2 iPod does have one major advantage in the UK at least. Crime seems to be moving away from mobile phones (the market is saturated) onto things like iPods. Police in Birmingham have actually advised people to keep them hidden and not to use the white earbuds because they stand out like a 50ft sign saying mug me! I just wish apple had transferred the black colour scheme over to the earbuds as well so you could have used it with a little added security. At least now you can use an iPod and all that it entails (ease of use, good sound etc) without standing out with a target painted on your head.
    The other thing with the iPod is while we all love the classic white as kind of an exclusive symbol of our love for apple it is becoming more and more common. People that used them since the first generation right upto the early gen 3 models were part of a club and it made you feel special. Now all and sundry have them in a year or so it will become a cliche. Mac heads will be using other companies players just to stand out! :D
    So I don't actually mind the U2 iPod, infact I would go as far as saying I would buy one. The fact we all pay so much attention to what the thing looks like shows how far apple have come but also the increasingly bizarre path they are now taking. Apple use to stand for ease of use, quality and security, being able to think different. Now to a lot of people especially PC users who just by iPods 'because they are the in thing' think apple just stands for fashion/style. Nothing wrong with style exept it goes out of fashion, we don't want another 'return of the clones' problem. It's quite funny really an iPod is the reverse of an apple computer, people always say how long a mac lasts compared to a PC but with iPods people find the need to buy a new one everytime apple changes the design by moving the scroll wheel. I guess apple is now going after a different market with the Pod, one driven only by sales. Apple needs to experiemnt with the iPod in order to keep sales up, BUT WE NEED TO SEE MORE INNOVATION WITH THEIR COMPUTERS LIKE THE NEW IMAC so us dedicated users have something to should about that makes us feel special again. :p

19. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

20. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I generally try not to comment on poor english or "instant message" slang on the forums, so thanks for doing it for me :D !

21. tsaxer macrumors regular

Honestly, right now I am torn between the photo and the u2 iPods. I know the U2 iPod is pretty strande looking, it's different. Something about that makes me tingly inside.Plus the fact that it's a _U2_ iPod...sigh...
    But it would be much more practical for me to go ahead with the larger 60 GB Photo iPod, which rocks in its own right. There's just something about limited edition anything that draws some people, so with a device that's so close to people's... hearts...the draw will definately move some to buy.
    Anyway, that's my ramblings on the subject.

22. macnemo thread starter macrumors newbie

macnemo

Oh... I'm "SO SORRY" for using so much slang!!!
    "THANKS" for the english lesson.
    Anyway like what VGA4LIFE said:"Can people who recieve they are U2 iPod post in this thread."
    THANK YOU!!!

23. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Genius!

They mean no harm, macnemo. ;)

Think happy thoughts, you'll get out alive.

24. macnemo thread starter macrumors newbie

macnemo

25. coldspot macrumors member

coldspot

Apple says you get a free $50 coupon that you can use to buy "The Complete U2" set. But these $50 are included on the price...

Steve Jobs sucks. The Macs are good and beautiful computers (except the iMac G5, which is extremely ugly), but the CEO is an incompetent administrator.