any hawkish democrats, environmentalist republicans...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jefhatfield, May 13, 2004.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

...or other non stereotypical voters out there?

how about pro life democrats, pro gay rights republicans, or even democrats hoping for kerry to pick republican john mccain as a running mate?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm for balanced budgets and free trade. how's that?

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Are you seriously expecting anyone to volunteer themselves as a "stereotypical voter?" It's is a lot like asking people if they're better than average drivers. (That figure is around 95%)

4. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

he he...at least i know that i am slower than most drivers

usually, the fastest i go is the speed limit and i am comfortable going 50 in a 55, and 60 in a 65...some drivers get mad at me...while they are doing 80 weaving in and out of traffic ;)

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I am a hawkish Liberal in values, but a conservative (original definition) in implementation, as I try to remain pragmatic...

BTW, I wouldn't mind a Kerry/mcCain ticket...when(if ever) was there a split ticket...(poor political memory)

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Last one I know of was Lincoln/Johnson in 1864. And no I'm not old enough to have witnessed it personally. There may have been others, but I'm pretty sure it was the only successful split ticket.

And Jeff, I would work for a Kerry/McCain ticket. Not sure I can say I'm hoping for one though.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Thanks for the info, Sahey...as far as Kerry/mccain goes, I would just love to see the GOP spin machine choke on that one...maybe I'll have to wait for the Feingold/Mccain Pres. ticket down the road...

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'm right behind you on that one, Jef. Until I find a space to overtake you, anyway! :D

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not to change the subject entirely (what was the subject, anyway?), but how would the gathered feel about a Kerry-Clark ticket?

Personally, I like the idea -- a lot.

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

you mean wesley, right?

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You have somebody else in mind? :)

12. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I like the idea of Clark debating Cheney quite a lot. I think the idea of two decorated military men with tremendous experience in foreign policy would play very well with the electorate in these times. Also Clark would be fine if something horrible would happen to a President Kerry (the most important part of being the VP.) The bad part of this ticket is that Clark is not the best campaigner among the field. While he is very intelligent, there are better choices if speaking on the stump is high on Kerry's list of criteria. If the last two are what Kerry is looking for he should choose Edwards.

13. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I agree with Sahey...in fact this idea has been getting a fair amount of press as of late, as Clark has been campaigning on Kerrys' behalf. Gephart has also aligned himself with the campaign and next week Kerry comes to my town (Portland) w/Dean...so perhaps he is taking them all for a test drive...do not know about Edwards.