Any hinge issues with new AL pbs?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by arribadia, Apr 16, 2005.

1. arribadia macrumors member

Apr 5, 2005

I'm not sure, it is quite disturbing that Apple charges (Euros)$1600 to replace a small bit of plastic...

There are some things that even Steve's reality distortion field just can't cover.. I mean it is ok to spend a bit more on inferior computers, but $1600 repair charges? Someone is really smoking crack!
  2. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

Jan 18, 2003
    you are referring to a modle that is a few years and many revisions back...

and no, i havent had a single issue with my AL PB
  3. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Aug 29, 2004
    I doubt you would have a problem like that with an Aluminium Powerbook; The hinge covers most of the width of the machine (minus about 2" either side)
  4. Logik macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2004
    my only issue is with creaking. when i first got it it worked great it was smooth. now it kinda locks up and when you move the screen it makes a loud cracking sound then smoothly moves freely. it's weird, kinda annoying but it hasn't caused any problems yet. seems lots of people have this problem too.. i think it might have something to do with the aluminum getting worn a bit and kinda making things weird.. but my warranty is still good for another 2 weeks.. until then i'm leaving it alone, then i'm going to do my best to fix it.