Any hinge issues with new AL pbs?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by arribadia, Apr 16, 2005.

1. arribadia macrumors member

http://www.photo.is/titanium.html

I'm not sure, it is quite disturbing that Apple charges (Euros)$1600 to replace a small bit of plastic...

There are some things that even Steve's reality distortion field just can't cover.. I mean it is ok to spend a bit more on inferior computers, but $1600 repair charges? Someone is really smoking crack!

2. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

you are referring to a modle that is a few years and many revisions back...

and no, i havent had a single issue with my AL PB

3. andrewfee macrumors 6502

I doubt you would have a problem like that with an Aluminium Powerbook; The hinge covers most of the width of the machine (minus about 2" either side)

4. Logik macrumors 6502a

my only issue is with creaking. when i first got it it worked great it was smooth. now it kinda locks up and when you move the screen it makes a loud cracking sound then smoothly moves freely. it's weird, kinda annoying but it hasn't caused any problems yet. seems lots of people have this problem too.. i think it might have something to do with the aluminum getting worn a bit and kinda making things weird.. but my warranty is still good for another 2 weeks.. until then i'm leaving it alone, then i'm going to do my best to fix it.