Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henryseiden

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Akitio, MacSales (OWC) and several others have announced new Thunderbolt 3 devices left, right and center. However, they haven't delivered any yet. Why? And when? I'm holding off new MBP until peripherals catch up.

And what about the 2017 MBP?? Anybody hear about that one? I hope there will be some advancement of these announced improvements in Apple's anniversary year.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Akitio, MacSales (OWC) and several others have announced new Thunderbolt 3 devices left, right and center. However, they haven't delivered any yet. Why? And when? I'm holding off new MBP until peripherals catch up.

And what about the 2017 MBP?? Anybody hear about that one? I hope there will be some advancement of these announced improvements in Apple's anniversary year.

I'd imagine about the time Microsoft finally manage to get some thunderbolt 3 ports in their surface line up!!

The 2016 MBP is not long out it'll be fall this year, if you ask me, before we see any changes.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
This has always been my beef w/ Thunderbolt - Lots and lots of announcements but very few deliveries or "great" options, and always rather expensive I find (must be a licensing thing or ?)

henryseiden

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
I'd imagine about the time Microsoft finally manage to get some thunderbolt 3 ports in their surface line up!!

The 2016 MBP is not long out it'll be fall this year, if you ask me, before we see any changes.

Gosh, I hope not!!
:( I've seen announcements for March, 2017 bandied about on the sales sites site for OWC, Akitio. Mum's the word on real delivery dates, though they'd like us to pony up orders to fill a possible delivery date, I'd like a hard, fast delivery.
:( There seems to have been a delayed approval of the interface chips by Apple on this and Windows product offerings beat release dates for Mac products to the punch, despite hardware problems on the Windows machines you quote.

This is MacRumors, right. So how about some nice, juicy rumors about it? Go :apple:, go!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.