Any inexpensive "mini-esque" HDD enclosures?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by chriskzoo, Aug 26, 2005.

1. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

The cheapest one I have found is the mini stack:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ministack/

It's $99 and comes with no drive (I have some around to use), but multiple USB and firewire ports. Anything cheaper out there that has the Mini style? I really don't need the extra ports...

2. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

OMG OMG, I sooo want one of these, I don't even have a mini, just that soo many options, and soo cool looking. The price isin't too bad (I think), thanks for the link :)

3. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

This enclosure plus this hard drive will give you a mildly stylish 300 gb setup. Depending on how much you want consistent looks, it might be worth the extra $60 to get the ministack. It looks pretty swell.

4. danny_w macrumors 601

I actually got the USB+FW version of this case and I love it! Super sleek and ruggedly built, and very compact. And it uses an Oxford chipet for the firewire. I just bought a similar-looking OWC drive for my son and I like this case much better.

5. chriskzoo thread starter macrumors 6502

I already have 2 160GB HDDs (one EIDE and one SATA) so I don't need a drive - just an enclosure that can sit non-descriptly under my Mini.

6. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

wow! That's tight...i'd love something like that for my mini especially for my video editing...I was looking for something like this today. Thanks macrumors!

Do they sell this on any other websites?

7. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Really super design. It would help me with my iMac G5. been looking for a FW drive for back ups. Having extra USB and FW is just sweet.

9. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

so has anybody actually brought one of these? I'd consider the lacie one, but I already have a brand new 250gb hd that I want to install. Is macsales.com legit?