Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
1980- Navy Night at Disneyland California... First time there accompanied by my wife, magical! (I probably all ready said this, but to lazy to check.) :)

I'm resurrecting this thread to note 2 more experiences I had at Disneyland. We went there yesterday to see the 60th anniversary parade, which is followed by lighting effects projected onto the Main Street buildings during the fireworks show. We went on rides too, of course.

Seeing the inside of Club 33

My glimpse into the entryway was for only a second, as I saw the door open for an arriving guest and grabbed my camera. Club 33, above the Blue Bayou restaurant, is a private suite visited by dignitaries, celebrities, and rich Disney patrons. The entrance door is purposely nondescript, but those in the know can spot it.

View attachment 564967

A hidden postmark

I noticed that Goofy's mailbox in Toontown has mail sticking out of it, with a newspaper rolled up so the writing is upside-down. If you look closely at the upside-down writing on the letter or package behind the newspaper, it has a postmark of July 17, 1955, the day Disneyland first opened!

View attachment 564968

View attachment 564969

And you are being ushered in by a fox... :)

ejb190

macrumors 65816
I actually played the Baritone Horn in that particular band, as it was brass & percussion only.
Ah, another baritone player - even if it was under duress!

I worked at Epcot way back in the mid-90's. Great time and good memories! I've been back a couple times since then. Sure the rides are good and the atmosphere is incredible, but my best memories of WDW (as a guest and a cast member) are because of the people that made the moment.

I worked in the Greenhouses at The Land in Epcot. Another intern and I were tying up cucumbers in the production house when a boat full of guests comes by. This was back in the day that a cast member rode the boat and delivered a spiel as they went along (it's all automated now). It was hot in the greenhouse - DANG hot! And up on the ladders it was even hotter. So along comes this boat and the guide tells all the guests to wave at the horticulturalists. I glance across the row to see my coworker put on a lovely smile, make a courteous wave, and mutter, "And I could ring my underwear out over your head." I almost fell off my own ladder laughing so hard.

Reactions: TomGolden

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I'll never forget the one visit to Disneyland in 2005 where we were rudely awakened in the middle of the night and spent most of the early AM in the back lots of California Adventure with our two young boys (4 and 2 at the time).

The Christmas Tree at the Grand Californian caught fire during the night! It was kind of neat to see the back ways into the park.

Anyhow here's a link.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fire-31786-hotel-sabol.html

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.