All iPads Any Ipad 3 owners still angry?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Nov 4, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

Well a few weeks have passed since the announcement and I still can't believe Apple released two generations of Ipad in the space of 7 months! :eek:

And I still can't justify the upgrade..if only it was a half decent update it's something Ipad 3 owners could have got down the line but it's rubbish. :mad:

2. macrumors regular

Not entirely.

I was purchased (as a gift) a Cellular iPad 3 a few weeks before the announcement of the 4. Although I suppose if I Purchased it myself I'd be a bit peeved. Its the luck of the draw with apple and it's not entirely an outdated product.

I'm happy with it so.

3. macrumors regular

iPad 3 is still a decent device. Don't worry too much of newer generations, they'll always come, this time just a little earlier

4. macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I was never angry or even bothered. My 3 does 10x more than I need it to anyways.

5. macrumors 6502

Yeah was a little bit peeved expect it to be around the 11 month mark before stuff gets outdated but not 6 months not bothered now though as still a great machine plus the ipad mini kinda takes my mind of it :D

6. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

At what?

7. macrumors 68030

einmusiker

never was angry. I'm still enjoying my ipad 3 very much and I bought it knowing something better would come out sooner or later

8. macrumors regular

Not angry at all, brought a 64GB 3G ipad 3 for the same price as Ipad 4 16GB WIFI this weekend.

9. macrumors 6502

not pissed

Apple is letting me exchange my iPad 3 for an iPad mini, and I think I should have enough left over to get a nike fuel. not a bad deal for 32 gig ipad 3 for a 64 gig ipad mini (both with LTE)

10. ATC
    macrumors 6502a

I bought my wife an iPad 3 at launch and this past week I was telling her about the iPad 4 and what's new in it, she didn't look this disinterested since the day I tried explaining the difference between LCD and Plasma.

Point is, she's been using her iPad 3 for 7 months and loves it (for so many reasons). She's results oriented, the iPad has done exactly what she wants from it and never had an issue. What's there to be upset over, let alone "angry"?

11. macrumors 6502

I was just using my ipad3 outside- reading some comics.
    Not once did i think about the iPad 4.

I was also kind of glad I have the 9.7 vs mini- the bigger screen really shines with graphic novels.

12. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Rawrrrrrr. Angry enough?

13. macrumors 68000

Not at all!

I sold it and got a mini :)

Now I have a mini and £80 in my back pocket!

14. macrumors 6502a

It was just shocking that they released it months after the 3. I'm not mad, I could sell mine and buy one again no problem but mine runs well and it didn't get a better screen so Idc too much

15. macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

This.

I've owned iPad 1, 2, and 3 - I bought #3 knowing that I wouldn't be upgrading for at least 2 yrs. Now that I'm not in school any more, I only use my iPad as a toy/entertainment, my Air does everything else.

I won't be interested again until iPad 6-7 :cool:

16. macrumors member

How you did that and how long did you purchased your ipad 3?

17. macrumors member

Bought a Gen 3 on the first day it was available as my first iPad. WiFi 16 and have not regretted it. Wanted a mini and decided to get that before it was announced. Was surprised on announcement day to say the least, and then Gen 3 was suddenly gone from the lineup. I now love my mini and have decided to hold on to the Gen 3 as well. Would love to have the 4; but thinking I'll wait for the Gen 5, lighter and thinner retina, better processor and wifi will work for me. Till then the mini and Gen 3 makes tablets enjoyable.

18. macrumors newbie

IPad 3 was a more class defining product than the incremental iPad 3s aka (4 gen). I don't think anyone has anything to complain about the ipad 3. There's basically nothing you can throw at it that it cannot run. We are reaching a point where more CPU power is getting dismissing returns on usefulness. I have ipad 1,2 & 3 and I am waiting on the real iPad 4 (aka 5th gen) hopefully they will have real upgrades by then, 2gb RAM perhaps so we can do real time multitasking, not this pseudo multitasking crap that puts all the app in frozen state after you've open a handful of apps.

----------

One other thing people are forgetting is, you may not get a untether jailbreak on iPad 3S. I would never give up my unlimited AT&T 4G running mywi and all the jailbreak goodies over a boost in CPU, but for new iPad users that is a different matter.

19. macrumors 65816

I wasn't angry about it. I was in the market for a mini since before the 3 came out even. Debating now whether to sell my ipad 3 or to just keep it. The ipad 3 is still a great device. I just don't see myself using it that much now that I got the mini.

20. macrumors 6502a

Nah the iPad 3 is still boss.

21. macrumors newbie

I'm a bit miffed. I didn't even hear rumors about the ipad4 until maybe a week before the announcement.

22. macrumors regular

Don't be disappointed I bought a iPad 3 and returned it for the 4 and I don't even notice the difference only thing really is the lighting port. Just wait for 5th gen

23. macrumors 6502a

Ih8reno

Not at all, it's the same great piece of tech I bought 7 months ago.

24. macrumors regular

Where did you do that ?

25. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

Yes, a bit .. To be honest.

But I'm also angry about myself to care about such a total waste of issue.
    The adult in me say: my iPad 3 still works as perfect as before the announcement. Don't worry.
    The child in me say: ahhh, not top line anymore. Outdated old piece of technology. You can't show to anyone. What a shame. Want.new.one.

I think this time the adult win ( until next cycle).