Any iPod Touch 5G cases available locally?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by pinkoos, Oct 16, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Haven't seen anything at Best Buy or Target.

Microcenter has a Cygnett and Griffin case, but they are not the best.

Anybody know of anything else available locally or when online stores (ie, Amazon) are going to have stock of some of the "big players" (ie, not the no name "tide me over until..." types like Evecase, etc.)?

Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

edlex

I bought this one from Brookstone http://m.brookstone.com/mt/www.brookstone.com/flexible-pattern-case-for-ipod-touch-5th-generation

I also bought the vapor slim and evecase through amazon. I should be receiving them within the next couple if days.

3. macrumors regular

ninaco

4. macrumors 6502

PirateP

Erm. This appears to be your website. Haha.

I found some good ones on eBay. Cheap, too.

5. macrumors member

The new iPod Touch 5G comes in colors and I don't know if I would want to cover the back. I am debating whether to get a case for myself.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I actually went ahead and got the Griffin Protector for both my sons' touches and it's actually a really good case. So good, in fact, that I've been looking for one for my iPhone 5. Microcenter only has pink, though, unfortunately.

7. macrumors newbie

i went to my local bestbuy (brooklyn, ny) today and i saw they had accessories for the new 5g touch. they had a few gel cases in various colors and tons of zagg screen protectors for it. im surprised bestbuy has more cases than the apple stores around here.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Best buy in Houston has nothing for the new touches.

9. macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I found this 2-pack at my local Best Buy tonight. Silicone and a little bulky, but good protection for my 9-year-olds' 5th gen IPod Touches. BB also priced match the $14.29 at Amazon too which was cool.

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8W130-2

10. thread starter macrumors regular

You linked to an iPhone case. I'm assuming there's an equivalent touch case?

11. macrumors 68000

dmk1974

12. thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, thanks.

By the way, when BB price matched, did they happen to notice that the Amazon listing showed it as being Out of Stock?

13. macrumors 6502a

That item is out of stock on Amazon, so BB screwed up, because they aren't suppose to price match merchandise that isn't in stock.

Good that you got them too, but someone screwed up.

14. macrumors 68000

dmk1974

They actually didn't say anything about the Amazon listing being out of stock. I only got to the Amazon price with the BB employee because there wasn't a price tag on the rack with the cases and I used my iPhone app to scan the barcode which came up with that Amazon listing.

15. macrumors regular

16. macrumors 68020

Solomani

I'm planning to go 'leather'. Yes, leather cases are slightly bulkier, and not cheap.... but they sure are protective and stylish. And yes, the leather "flip cases" I usually go for will cover the front screen of the iTouch/iPhone (when not in use). They are magnetic clasp enclosures, so they close nicely.

For the leathers... PDair is my favorite company. Their leather flip cases for the iTouch 5G is in pre-order mode on their website. So I won't actually order until I know it's a sure thing.

My old iPod Nano 3G (Fattie) still wearing one of PDair's leather cases, tho I'll soon be giving this away to my niece.

[​IMG]

PDair's iPhone 5 Leather cases are already shipping, and they look sweet! Now I am just awaiting release of their iPod Touch 5G leathers. They even have crocodile-pattern leather, and every type of color in leather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a bumper case type? Or maybe a transparent back so the color can show?

18. WSR
    macrumors regular

Check out the Griffin Reveal case. I don't have one, but it is a bumper case with a transparent back.

19. macrumors member

I have a Splash Vapor case; it's a bumper case, very thin, protective, and mine is clear so my blue IPT 5g shows through. I bought it on Amazon.....

20. macrumors member

http://www.pdair.com/index.php/multi-media-player/apple/apple-ipod-touch-5th.html

There are a few leather cases available now at PDair! :)

21. macrumors newbie

Thanks! The Griffin actually looks nice!

Upon looking at the Belkin site I found this:

http://www.belkin.com/us/F8W144-Belkin/p/P-F8W144

It's a sheer case with many colors. Looks good too!

22. macrumors 68020

Solomani

23. macrumors newbie

Ipod Touch 5G Cases Best Available

I still haven't seen any near me locally. I think the best bet is still to look at what you can find online. It's kind of frustrating how long it takes for retailers to start to carry cases at this point!

http://www.amazon.com/ipod-touch-5G-List