Any issues with MadCatz Wii component cables?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chone, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Amazon has them for 19.99 and I thought it would be a good purchase, are they any good?

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

I don't have the MadCatz ones, but I did pick up the Psyclone cables the other day at Wal-Mart for only $20 and they seem to work very well. I imagine that the MadCatz ones will work just as well as any other cable, provided that they are of good build quality.

Zelda is amazing in 480p.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I bought 2 sets of them before xmas at the nintendo official ones were no where to be found.

Cost me €32 Euro each. They are very good. No issues.

4. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Is it only HDTVs that take component inputs, in general terms?

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:( ...I had those in my hands at walmart, but there wasn't a price tag and I didn't think it was worth going to ask( I assume they would be more then Nintendo's)

O well I get Nintendo one coming soon

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

HDTVs, HD projectors, some computer monitors, but quite a bit less frequently.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I bought two, one to leave connected to my HD capable projector and one for my big HDTV in the front room :)

8. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, I wasn't even looking for those really. I went in hoping to find another controller (haha, I know) but when I saw them I decided it might be worth it to pick them up. Had to ask the price, but when I was told they were only $20, I got them. I was waiting to pack my GC up until after I got the component cables and was able to do that Friday night.

9. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

€32 Euro? As opposed to €32 Asian?

No... I don't think so. Depends what you mean by HDTV - some say 480p is HD, some say 720p/1080i is, and some (aka, Sony) refused to believe that anything less than 1080p is (even though practice puts theory to fault). Basically, check your TV for the RGB inputs and hope

10. Chone thread starter macrumors 65816

Chone

No some regular TVs (not even progressive scan) have component inputs, like the CRT I'll be using my Wii with initially, PS2 games look much better on component on that TV so I want Wii graphics to look very clean as well on that TV... though I'm really getting the component cables for when I get a decent TV set (which I think will be soon), I can't imagine playing with composite on an big HDTV set.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL! HomerSimpson DOH moment :p