Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PrayForDeath

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
I'd like to ask the iPad 4 owners if they are seeing any lag while browsing digital magazines at retina resolution. For example, when I use Zinio on my iPad 3, some pages will initially look very blocky, and then 2 seconds later will render all the details. Is this effect still present on the iPad 4?

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
I'd like to ask the iPad 4 owners if they are seeing any lag while browsing digital magazines at retina resolution. For example, when I use Zinio on my iPad 3, some pages will initially look very blocky, and then 2 seconds later will render all the details. Is this effect still present on the iPad 4?

I think the app does this. It's done it on every iPad I've owned. I don't think it has anything to do with the device. Probably how they're pre-rendering or whatever.

PrayForDeath

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
I think the app does this. It's done it on every iPad I've owned. I don't think it has anything to do with the device. Probably how they're pre-rendering or whatever.

I've had this happen in other apps too though, Zinio was just the first thing that came to mind.

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA

Afraid so because I checked Zinio on my iPad 4.

Newsstand magazines are much smoother in my opinion without the 2 second text thing

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010

I havent noticed anything just yet but I will definitely keep an eye out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.