Any Logitech or Microsoft mouse as smooth as...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tonie, Sep 25, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Is there any Logitech or Microsoft mouse that works smooth as Magic Mouse in OSX? My Logitech VX is kinda stutter in OSX even though I have SteerMouse. Sucks OSX is so picky...

2. macrumors 601

alust2013

I have a Logitech LX 8 that works very well, as well as a m505, which isn't quite as smooth, but still definitely usable.

3. macrumors 65816

aeboi

My Logitech performance MX mouse has been working flawlessly with Lion and previously with SL

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it as smooth as the trackpad? Do you have to install any softwares?

5. macrumors 65816

aeboi

yes, if you choose to use hyper-fast scrolling mode, smooth like butter

Logitech has an OS X program that you install in order to program the mouse buttons to customized actions.

6. macrumors member

if you're talking about how smoothly you can scroll through websites with the wheel, you just need to install the driver from Logitech.

I use a VX Nano and scrolling through websites sucked until I installed the drivers and configured it the way I like. perfectly smooth now.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not talking about scrolling but the way the cursor moves and how precise it is.

8. macrumors 65816

aeboi

Preciseness of the tracking I guess, but either way, no lag here

9. macrumors member

Oh, ok. My mouse is working fine in that aspect as well. the cursor moves around just as smoothly as when using the trackpad, but it was like that even before installing drivers.

10. macrumors member

I'm using the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 and it's smooth as silk. I didn't install the MS drivers; just using the stock OS X Bluetooth support.

I like it because I prefer a real scroll wheel on a mouse, and its small size and white coloring are a good complement to the MacBook Air's design.