Any luck using with Safari or Firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gauchogolfer, Oct 4, 2006.

1. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    So I signed up for the package to watch the broadcasts here in France, since that's really my only option while I'm abroad. Unfortunately, I've not been able to actually watch any content yet. Using Firefox I get a message that it's buffering, but it gets down to about 15 seconds and stops. Using Safari I get the same behavior, depending on which stream I'm trying to view. I have the latest Flip4Mac version installed on my Powerbook running 10.4.8 .

Have any MR users had any luck using either of these browsers? And if so, what was the key? Thanks in advance.

Edit: This is the point at which I get stuck in both browsers:

2. jonstieg macrumors newbie

Oct 5, 2006
    watching on macs

im not sure about but i use the radio service from and i have to open it in wondows media player for mac. when i open up the mlb radio page is says that it can not load the service on the webpage and asks me if i would like to try openning it in wmp. it doesnt work every time but after a couple of tries i can usually get it going.
  3. Joe Joe macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2006
    #3 audio with Firefox

try this, it worked for me (audio only): open up Windows Media Player. from the main tool bar at the top of the screen, open the pull down menu at the far left labelled Windows Media Player. from there go into Preferences. once in there, you'll see three buttons at the top: Network Settings, Connection, and Security. click on Connection. from there, click the correct button according to your connection. you may need to do this routine each time you want to connect to or some other URL that's not working.