Any Mac BIOS flashing for a Kyro Video Card?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Daedalus256, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Daedalus256 macrumors 6502

I have a Kyro 32MB PCI video card sitting here with no home and I was wondering if there are mac BIOS available for it? Or if it works or if anyone knows anything about this card?

It's a 3d Prophet 4000XT

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I've never even heard of it, and I'm a big video card dork.

You're better off going to Fleabay and paying 20-30 for a Radeon PCI card.

3. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Ah good ol' Severn, MD. I used to live in Millersville. What does this have to do with graphics cards? Absolutely nothing.

4. Daedalus256 thread starter macrumors 6502

The Kyro was a competitor to the NVidia and ATI offers back in the days of DX7 or so. The original went unnoticed, despite pretty good performance. The Kyro 2 however got a decent amount of recognition as it was definitely a competitor to the Geforce 2/ Radeons of that time. Hell I almost bought one but benchmarking showed a little less performance than a GF2, which I eventually bought.

At any rate, is there any sort of site that carries BIOS for flashing for any card really? I mean older AGP/PCI cards for PC are cheap and it may be worth trying to flash one of them if anyone knows how or where to get BIOS...es.

5. ewinemiller macrumors 6502

I don't think the Kyro was ever used on a Mac, so there's likely no bios to get.