Any Members with kids?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by freeny, Nov 3, 2005.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Were talking about our young children on another post http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=159332 and decided perhaps we should start a macrumors thread for members with children? my son Griffin is going to be 3 in December. He already knows how to boot up our powermac and make things disappear:eek: loves pointing to the mac logo and saying "apple". spends many hours navigating through the sesame street site and playing games. we constantly find stacks of pages he has sent to print in the printer.

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

We have two children, Kelsey (almost 5) and Evan (almost 2). While Evan essentially enjoys just banging randomly on the keyboard and tossing the mouse around, Kelsey is pretty adept and playing the songs she wants on iTunes as well as navigating various games. In fact, she's more excited about going to the Apple Store than I am since I just let her play games on the iMacs there while I browse.

It's nice that they have a computer (albeit a PC) in their classroom even at her age, so she gets comfortable with it. We have a PC that she plays with a lot since I don't care what happens to it, but we also let her use the Mac since she's fairly responsible. They have their own login as well.

3. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

My son is 2 1/2 and my daughter is 17 months.
    my son likes to point out the letters on the keyboard that he knows and my girl, well, she likes to hit the delete key. alot. and smiles about it. :p

4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Please stop the population boom.

Think of the children, that are already here.

Please spay and neuter yourself.

I have 1 kitty kat, she is my baby.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

6. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

My daughter, Eevee, short for Evelyn, is 2 1/2. She loves to play around my powerbook. Have her little fingerprints on my screen-!!

We are expecting another one next April! Yes, my swimmers are still active...Alll you young men out there, procreate!!!

If it's a boy, we are thinking of naming him Adam, to match with his sister (get it?)

7. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Cats make dandy fajitas, properly marinated.
    Emily, age 10, grew 1/2 inch in the last two weeks. I'm 6'7"... hope she doesn't top that. Has growing pains real bad. Wears my wife's shoes. Egad. Smart as a whip though, unlike her dad. Her 5th grade math homework is KILLING me. Emi has an iMac desktop, a 12" iBook, printer and a digital camera. Won 3rd place in the photo show recently.

8. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Thanks njmac. I can now see your little one who had the nightmare last night. Good lookin' kid. thought I would post a pic of Griffin my almost 3 year old. as you can see he's quite the clown.

Also njmac, seeing by your name and Bruce Springsteins ass I would assume you are from the gardenstate. What part? Are you just over the river?

Attached Files:

9. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

My little one, Kai, is almost 4.
    He has a rare and severe form of epilepsy (Lennox-Gastaut) and a feeding tube, and is an amazingly brave and wonderful little boy.

During his worst times the doctors thought he might never walk or talk - not even as an adult.

Now Kai is talking, running, learning to ride a bike -- and of course an avid Mac user! His favorite are the "Reader Rabbit" children's computer games -- highly recommended if you have a youngster.

I'm really lucky to have him.

[​IMG]

10. devman macrumors 65816

devman

Great story! Best wishes to you both and give Kai a big hug from me.

11. emw macrumors G4

emw

The inner strength that so many children have is incredible.

You are indeed lucky, as are we all. Enjoy the time you spend with your kids - as they say, no one ever dies wishing they'd worked more.

12. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

And he is lucky to have you.

13. iGav macrumors G3

me too!!! heehee. :D

14. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I have three girls aged 8, 5, and 2 months. My 8 year old uses our iMac all of the time. My 5 year old likes playing games from here.

15. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Two girls, Alannah 3 1/2 and Síofra 10 months. Like a previous poster, Alannah likes to point out the apples at the computer store - it's cute, makes it look like I'm indoctrinating her.

Attached Files:

16. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I have two kids:

Nora, 12, known for skiing, playing bassoon, and going on insane hikes with her dad, and Jim, 13, known for playing video games, playing video games, and playing 24 hours of video games with his dad.

Attached Files:

• nora.jpg
      nora.jpg
      File size:
      48.8 KB
      Views:
    • jim.jpg
      jim.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
  17. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

I've got a beautiful son, called daniel... he is extremely noisy and very bright for his age, he is my world!

[​IMG]

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've had to sell each of my children to buy computers and parts. Would you like to see my Macs instead? :eek:

19. emw macrumors G4

emw

What a wonderful picture!

20. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Not yet. But my wife's best friend just had a baby, her brother and sister in law just had a baby, and most of my wife's friends seem to be having babies. And this thread is making me want to have a kid. Seems like it's only a matter of time...

Of course, someone (me) has to get a real job (recently finished grad school) first.

21. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Thanks bud, nice of you to say!

22. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Man I cant wait until my son is old enough for video games! got rid of my ps2 when he was born seeing that I had no time for such things any more. but when he hits 5 or 6.... It will give me a reason to buy a new one;)

23. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Nathalie is almost 12, and will absolutely DIE if she doesn't get an iPod Nano and a 12" iBook or maybe an iMac for Christmas. She loves my iBook and is a Mac fan all the way. Doing very well in school and really coming into her own. If I could only get her to stop worrying about boys...

Nicholas is 6, and talks ALL THE TIME! He's a hoot, though, and isn't shy at all (unlike my daughter and myself.

This pic is about a year old:

Attached Files:

24. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

fatherhood objective number one ---- objective complete!

25. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I'll have to get your recipe. Whenever I make them it turns out wrong. Do you recomend using strays or do you raise them yourself? ;) :eek:

I have two kids myself...wll, the wife helped. They are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. Two little boys that keep us busy. I really want to get them started on computers but haven't gotten around to it yet. Most of my efforts in that arena have so far been to keep them from screwing up my computer.