Any Memorable iMoments?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DevilDog, Jan 2, 2006.

1. DevilDog macrumors regular

Dec 12, 2005
    I would define an iMoment as a time when apple shines and puts a smile on your face.

For example: I was at the military clothing store in Ft. Benning, GA and my bro was looking at the patches while I was typing something up on my PowerBook waiting for hiim. He turns and asks me: "What's a Sapper?" So I click on Dictionary, type in Sapper and told him the answer. All in about 5 seconds. He's still windows like my dad. I don't think you could beat that on a Windows (being that they don't have the always visible dock)

So, anymore iMoments???
  2. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Command+Control+D does it for me... (move mouse pointer over a word in Safari)

as for hardware:

When I got my first iPod. The moment I loaded it up with music and browsed with the scroll wheel, I knew Apple had a hit on their hands.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]
  3. 840quadra Moderator

Staff Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Twin Cities Minnesota
    Depending on your version of OS X, You can also do CTRL + COMMAND (Apple button) + D, over any word in Safari, or in Text edit (and many Apple native applications) to get a mini popup with a dictionary definition.

::EDIT:: Lacero and I were on the same page ;)

For me it was when I first networked my SE to my Quadra 840av using a Printer / serial cable (on a mac it looks like a PS2 connector). Being new new in the IT field, I had never connected 2 computers so quickly, to actually have a reliable (albeit SLOW) network connection.

I smiled right away :)
  4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Aug 27, 2003
    my iMoment ...

When my roommate replaced my router, because he didn't like how it kept dropping his PCs off our connection. He bitched and moaned about an even crappier connection for two weeks, configuring the router, while I just smiled and browsed on the Internet with my trusty iBook. To this day, he still gets randomly dropped. No end in sight.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Discovering how easy it was to print mailing labels out of Address Book, a feature that makes perfect sense but that I had no idea was in there until somebody showed it to me.
  6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia

Ever tried that in Windows' Address Book? It's a shambles. :(

My iMoment was when I bought the iMac. I already had a wireless network with an iBook on it so I took the iMac out of the box, plugged it in, put my details in and started playing on MacRumors again. It was ridiculously easy, a point made even more relevant by my recent Dell purchase. :eek:
  7. iBlue macrumors Core

Mar 17, 2005
    London, England
    i noticed that too. i was stunned at how simple the set up was for the iMac. 3 or 4 minutes after the first boot and i was online. beautiful
  8. cycocelica macrumors 68000

Apr 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    Yup, setting it up my first mac did it for me. I was amazed, will never go back.