Any Military Members Here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DevilDog, Apr 4, 2006.

1. DevilDog macrumors regular

DevilDog

Just wanted to chat with some military members... I want to join marines. My Dad's in air force. 2 Bros in Army. And I wanted to see how other platoon members or whatever react to your mac. Cool

2. dansuz1 macrumors member

dansuz1

DevilDog,

I've been in the Army for 20 years this month. Many years as an enlisted soldier and now 12 years as an officer. I've been to Bosnia, Kosovo, Macedonia and OIF and OEF.

There's a lot of good things to say about joining the Marines. If you have any general questions about the military in general that you may not feel comfortable asking you Dad or brothers, I would be glad to help.

Most of my buddies think that my Mac is both cool and a little strange. I brought it with me my first time over for OIF and made some movies that everyone thought were brilliant (though they would have thought any movie would be brilliant). I'm always talking up Mac's as great alternative to wintel's. I think I only made one convert so far.

Keep us updated as to your plans for the Marines.

Good Luck,

Dan

3. DevilDog thread starter macrumors regular

DevilDog

Dude, that's weird. My name is Dan too. Im 17... only a Junior in high school. That's very cool. 20 years. What's your... like job? I don't know the term. Whatever you did in AIT. I'm thinkin Combat Engineer... Good experience for later but I haven't talked to a recruiter yet. Very cool.