Any Miracle Workers Here?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Falleron, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Hi.

I'm sure its not possible, but I have lots of PC games and want to run them on the mac!!! (Not via an emulator). I dont want to buy all the same games again. I have games such as Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, C&C etc.

My 1GhzDP will be sweat!

I read an article a while back that said it was possible to download something like a laucher as a long as you had the data files?? May be mistaken though?

Thanks

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I can confirm that something like this exists, i play a PC version of Unreal which basic everthing is Windows par the application which i downloaded from hlsearch.com.

Not sure how legal it is!

3. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

Ensign Paris, I went there www.hlsearch.com but it re-directed me to a place that seemed to do ad-blocking?

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

UT would probably work if you had the application,.ini files and a list of data files from the cd and their locations on your HD.

5. networkman macrumors regular

not to try to protect any companies or their profits, but i say just simply buy the mac versions of the programs because it will be easier

...again, the power users will jump on me promoting us techs, but i am saying this in general for an average or new user

if you are a good techie or power user, then by all means do what you need to do because you can usually find a way around almost anything...but not always legally ;-)

6. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

I probably will just keep my PC until the new versions of the games come out then buy them for the mac.

I dont believe that I am depriving the tech companies of any money because I have already purchased the games once.

7. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

I'm pretty certain the folks who did the port from Windows to Mac would disagree with you about not hurting anyone. So if you want to KEEP playing them on Windows, when no one any longer ports software to the Mac, that's a great way to start.

8. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

Ok, I take your point IndyGopher. I have always supported the mac games market + will continue to but I am in the transition from being all PC (last 14 months) --> Mac (Its a big expense, new computer, monitor, software, printer, zip etc especially when all your peripherals use parrallel ports).

By the way, I have had a mac for the last 18 year or so, but recently used a pc not out of choice.

9. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Oh, look! It's Helen Keller! ...can't you see her? Oh, wait...

Sorry. Total bad taste, I know. :D

10. MaxRool macrumors member

lol

11. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I remember seeing this on some shady mac site you put some card into one of the PCI slots then you can play PC games but you couldn't run windows apps

I'll try to find