Any Model UN People out there?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macmaniac, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

As Geeks we have a tendency to join certain clubs, like Model UN, is anyone else here in Model UN.
    I'm the President of our schools club, we have quite an interesting history. In the 70's the club was so big that when they went to a conference there was no school because 200 people went! We are much smaller now, but we are one of the better Public school groups in our state, we constantly have delegates that win awards at conferences. We are only a club that meets once a week, and we beat the kids from private schools that have Model UN as a class, its pretty funny sometimes. So share your Model UN experiences!
    If you ever want to find me, I go to the Princeton Conference and the U Penn Conference. At Princeton I represented Chile in the SC, and I was Finland at Penn in DISEC.
  2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    I had a very brief career in Model UN during high school. Unfortunately, the teacher who was willing to sponsor us for the competition and whose wife was able to coach us only stayed at our school for the year. During that year we only went to one competition. It was a regional thing with a bunch of schools and we participated in the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda. I served as a Defense Attorney. It was a fun, interesting experience. The prosecution succeeded in having my opening statement thrown out entirely because it was "too argumentative." I had to rewrite it in five minutes. It was pretty funny. I came back and gave a beasting of a closing to make up for it.

Anyway, I ended up being named the best delegate for the ICTR, which was cool.
  3. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    I did highschool Mod UN... It does not compare to college mod un. No sir. College mod un is another creature of its own making.