Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I know this question has probably been asked all the time, but I would like peoples opinions to see how many of you think when the iBook will be updated. Do you think itll be switched to Intel in June 2006 or in 2007. Also, will the iBook be updated or will it be the 1.33/1.42 Ghz models until Intel ones are released. I know you dont know, but Id like to see what you think to develop an idea myself.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Hey, welcome to macrumors. Yeah this question has been asked quite a bit... But no worries. My guess is that this is the last ibook revision, it is pretty good at the moment, and it is very competitive with other similar notebooks in its price range. I am waiting till wednesday to see what apple introduces if the new powerbooks are MUCH better than the current iBooks i will buy one of those, but if it isn't like that i am buying an iBook.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Just recently updated, so not likely to happen again for a bit.

I have one, and love it. Does everything I need, and more....

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Well its just that if they dont go Intel until 2007, I bet that there will be another update, and I want the last PPC models made. I wont be buying mine until Jan 2006 though so maybe Ill get more info by then. Can I get more opinions though, I need a big sample size to get a good opinion. Thx!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.