Any Nascar fans?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jadekitty24, Oct 29, 2005.

1. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I was wondering how many of you are Nascar fans? If any, what division do you like? Who's your driver? What do you love/hate about todays Nascar? I enjoy Nascar Nextel Cup Series, sometimes the Busch series, and I love the truck series. In the Cup my guys are Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson. I hate the severe marketing that comes with the series getting more popular (though I know it needs to be done). I love the smell of octane and burning rubber, I love the roar of the engines as they fly by. I hate the crowds at the tracks, but hey...you take the good with the bad. I hate the "your driver sucks and mine is better" mentality that a lot of people have, so please, no "Gordon is a flamer" comments. Just a good old discussion on Nascar if anyone is interested.

2. mac-er macrumors 65816

Well, we'll at least make you jealous. clayj lives within walking distance of Jeff Gordon (uptown Charlotte). And I live within 15 min of the Hendrick complex and Jimmie Johnson near Charlotte.

3. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I did some business with the "21" Wood Brothers team (driver is now Ricky Rudd) a few years back, and I have also met and worked a little with Robert Yates. Both teams are class acts-- real fine people. I've been to a few races over the years too. I find the racing itself to be pretty dull; I think it is unwatchable on TV; but here in the South of the USA the sport is at least as popular as the NFL.

4. mac-er macrumors 65816

They are planning to start racing in England here in the next 2 or 3 years.