any netscape users here?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CubaTBird, May 15, 2006.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    so yeah.. i actually just downloaded it.. the latest version being 7.2 for mac os x. any version it seems.. well anyway, despite it looking somewhat dated, it seems pretty quick loading websites. as fast as safari in some cases. anyone still using the browser that started it all? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Wellander macrumors regular

Mar 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach Ca
    I still use netscape communicator 4.07/4.79. And netscape navigator 3.03.
    Why did you ask?
  3. Peyton macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2006

oh good, you got a snap shot of him/her. Does that ad on the top of the page look like a weird michael jackson? or alien? Who paid that person money to be on an ad?! :eek:

and nope, don't use netscape sorry
  4. tag macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2005
    PA, US
    Yeah I'm using Netscape 7.2 on my iMac G4 as my primary browser. Even at 1.25Ghz, Safari and Firefox seemed to get bogged down quick when I have dozens of pages open, but Netscape seems to do a pretty good job so I always just kept on using it.

Though I will say I wish the google plugin worked correctly. I can search google via the sidebar, but it still always defaults to searching netscape when you search via the address bar even though it is set to search google. Oh well it's still a pretty good browser even if it is a touch old. :p
  5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

Oct 21, 2004
    Been using 7.2 since the update along with Safari, OmniWeb and an occasional iCab. Some bill paying sites still get funky with Safari, so I use Netscape for those. I like it. And the pdf and Acrobat functions seem to do better with it than Safari.