Any news on Halo for Mac ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by dubbelhund, Jan 20, 2003.

1. dubbelhund macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
    Has anybody heard anything recent about the Mac release of Halo? According to Westlake Interactive it is in prototype stage right now and should be released in 2003.

I also heard rumors that Microsoft bought the company that developed Halo and withheld the mac version that was ready for release, because they were about to release the X-box and wanted to sell more units, I guess.

I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything but I tried Halo on my friends X-box and I could not stop playing it :)
  2. couch potato macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2003
    yeah, its coming to mac. all these games coming to mac.:) ITS SO EXCITING :D :)
  3. dubbelhund thread starter macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
  4. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    buffalo ny
    halo is as exciting as... well its just not exciting at all actually... id rather not see it come out ever... just my 36 cents...
  5. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

Oct 3, 2002
    Golden, CO
    well i think its fun if your new to it, but if you had some knowledge about how to play each level and where to go then it is kind of boring if you ask me. The multiplayer rules, you get to play people that are either worse, the same, or better than you and that provides a challenge.
  6. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    exactly, by the time it gets here halo 2 will be the next big thing. ive already heard people have been making a way to run the xbox version to run on the pc a long time ago when it came out. all you have to do is have an executable or something to use the xbox files and you got halo on a pc. halo is old news, probably wont run good anyways on a mac.

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Re: Any news on Halo for Mac ?

Those aren't rumors, those are confirmable facts. Bungie first showed Halo at a Macworld expo back in 1999 and it was on track for a Mac-first release. Shortly thereafter Microsoft bought the company to develop for the X-box and Halo became a X-box game that was delayed for years.
  8. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    A cardboard box.
    If the mac version is already done, then what the hell did they do w/ it? *Sigh*
  9. insidedanshead macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2002
    This has happened with a couple games actually. I don't quite remember which one but i THINK it might have been halflife. There was a port in house near completion and almost ready to be put on store shelves and the company decided it wouldn't be worth it. Correct me if I am wrong.. I am jarring my memory big time for this one.
  10. dubbelhund thread starter macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
    ok so if halo is old news...what is new news then?
  11. dubbelhund thread starter macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
    oh yeah, and is there anyone out there that could tell me how to download new maps/levels for Quake 3 and Return to castle Wolfenstein? and how to install them? :confused:
  12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Re: Re: Any news on Halo for Mac ?

Microsoft is just plain EVIL! Seems everywhere you look they are screwing someone. We would have had halo a long time ago if it werent for that evil empire! I had thought of getting a xbox but just could not bare the fact that i would be supporting bill and the gang. Well least id has doom3 coming and i think its still on track for the mac. And UT2003 should be making its way soon. To bad Apple dont make a deal for id to produce for only MAC now that would be cool!
  13. yzedf macrumors 65816

Nov 1, 2002
    Halo as a game was delayed for years. As an XBOX game... it was a release game IIRC.

Halo2 will be XBOX only. No reason for it to be anything else (maybe a pc game...).

Monetarily speaking... order of importance is likely to be console/pc/mac.