Any Nip/Tuck fans?

Discussion in 'Community' started by gangst, Aug 13, 2005.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Just wondering how many Nip/Tuck fas visit these forums and if any will be watching season 3 on FX starting sept 20th (I live in the UK so I'll have to find other means of seeing it!).
    Also, I'd like to know your feelings on whats going to happen in season 3 with the carver etc.....
    It's my favourite show and one of the best on TV, anyone else enjoy it?

2. mashinhead macrumors 68020

i love that show, i didn't even know the new season started. when did it happen?

3. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

The new season hasn't started, it starts Sept 20th and because I'm looking forward to it so much I thought I'd see what everyone else thinks.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

My local Blockbuster only has season 1, so that's all I've seen so far, but I'm definitely down to see season 2. It's not my favorite tv series ever, but yeah, it's pretty cool.

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

dude, i love that show. I just hope its not on during Battlestar Galactica.

Also where we were left off from last season was when that serial killer "the carver" was at Christian Troy's house. OH NOES!!!

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Really good show. My Sunday nights have fallen apart since series 2 ended, then 24 ended, then :eek: Top Gear ended!!!

Looking forward to seeing how they kick off in series 3.

7. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Of course- fantastic show with alot of twists and turns... Catch it every chance I get... Looking forward to upcoming episodes and seasons;

8. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I got the first season as a gift and i really liked it, i am waiting for season 2 to be released and i cant wait to get it. I to cant see the 3rd season and would need another way of watching it *sigh*.

p.s very good show.

9. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

My wife and I watch this and have been waiting a long time for Season 3 to begin. Can't wait.

10. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

so, who do you think the 'carver' is? I think its either Merill (the other plastic surgeon, who Christian put out of business), or Sean himself.

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Impossible. For that to happen he'd have had to attack himself, and be in two places at once.

12. dermeister macrumors 6502

dermeister

*Spoilers ahead*

Just watched it again, yeah definately Sean was somewhere else. And Christian got slashed so he's screwed.

God damn, I wanna know.

However, I read somewhere that they had planned for season 2 to be the last season... wouldn't that mean that the carver isn't anybody specificly?

13. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I thought that at first, but after looking round the internet and thinking about it, the show does have some strange twists and mind games (like when sean is operating on the dead head and it talks to him), so I kind of thought that the writers may put in a wicked twist like that to really play with our heads and shake the show up.

14. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Spoilers.......

Christian doesn't die...

Also there are already plans for a 4th season.

15. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

damn! i hate it when i don't know what people are talking about. is this show something like a reality show or something?

sorry, to lazy to google it.

16. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Nah, it's a tv series... on FX (is that how it's written?) that cable channel for sci-fi and whatnot. The show talks about a plastic surgeons and their practice and personal lives. Er... I've only seen the first season, so I guess others here could elaborate more.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I certainly am. I watched the pilot and thought I'd give it a miss going forward. Then after season one ended they had this marathon. I was actually sick in bed so my days and nights were all screwy. I watched the marathon morning to night and loved it. Saw season 1 again on DVD. Season 2 is out here and I am going to rent it. I didn't want to rent it until Season 3 was about to start because then I forget and stuff about small details that would matter in season 3. As far as the weirdness of it, I like it. :)

18. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I love that show...I can't wait to see it finally back on again

19. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I'm going to watch it. Thanks for the heads up on the start date.
    I've never seen 24 though. I will someday rent the season.

20. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

i started seein it halfway through series 2, and ive been hooked since, so im gonna try and find season 1 soon, and hopefully season 3 when it starts over in the US

21. swy32x macrumors regular

It won't screen in Australia until potentially later this year or next - so when it starts to screen can it be posted so I can look for other sources to get it?

Thanks! :D

Oh and I love the show!

22. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Honestly I hate that show. I watched it a long time ago. The epsiode was something like this ladies lips were burnt off and she wanted new ones made from her ****** to improve her sex life.

I think it's an innapropriate show and why would you watch a show about FAKE plastic surgery. Just watch Discovery Health or Extreme Makeover.
    Or watch The Swan, but that show made me laugh cause they all turned out looking like bimbos.

Is that show like a know off real plastic surgery show? They didn't have a big enough budget to pay for real plastic surgery. LOL (<<that was a joke)<

23. swy32x macrumors regular

Dude, why watch The Simpsons when you can watch Survivor? Survivor is real people and real situations ...

You may think its a stupid show, and thats fie - but don't knock people who like it.

24. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Even though you don't like it, I think the show is good, because its shows what people want 'fixed' about themselves and how they view themselves. The show addresses alot of morals and has streong ethics into surgery, alot more than any Discovery Health show would have.
    Still I think the main reasons people watch the show is not for the plastic surgery, but to watch the lifestyle which revolves around the two main plastic surgeons.

25. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's called "entertainment" :rolleyes: