Any of you decorated your powerbook?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by kmarketing, Sep 1, 2005.

1. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you decorated your powerbook to make it different. Post some pics or links of your powerbook with a different paint job, stickers/decals, etc.

Thanks!

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    What?!? Deface my precioussssss?!?

<shudders, hugs self to ward off chills>

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, my Titanium has lost lots of paint and is covered in scratches, so I've seriously been considering painting it a glossy black for a while now. I had a friend in an auto shop that could have set me up with some great paint, but the cost was just too prohibitive. There are also some online places that'll do it, but I don't have that kind of money. So for now, no, I haven't decorated my Powerbook. My gf's old G3 iBook, though... woo! That thing is (was) sweet!

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The PowerBook has such beauty to behold. I prefer the natural look. My concern also would be my technique of adding the decoration and how long it would look nice.

5. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I agree. I wouldn't have the guts to do anything to mine!! :confused: :eek:

6. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Decorate? You have got to be kidding.

iBooks though, I see people put stickers on those all the time. But a PowerBook? No that's just wrong.

7. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

It's just a skin I got on-line. Not for everyone but there are lots to choose from. I got it mainly to protect the finish after reading a few "I scratched my PBook!" posts and Green is my favorite color. There is a site somewhere that allows you to upload your own pics or artwork and will custome make a skin for you (about $30, I think). The apple shape is already cut out for you so the bezel shows through.

Attached Files:

8. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Looks quite nice... I still prefer the natural look, though. :)

9. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

It's Natural Beauty pleases my eye more than wallpaper ever could.

10. lordj4000 macrumors member

Blasphemy!!!

Blasphemer.

How dare you deface the glory of the powerbook?

11. lordj4000 macrumors member

12. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I guess it's sorta like a tattoo. To some it's "really cool!" and to other it's, "what the hell were they thinking when the got that!" At least the skin can be peeled off.

I like my "Kermit motif."

:p

13. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

Color Apple Logo

I got part way to colorizing the backlit logo on my brandnew PB lid. There are links elsewhere on how to colorize the logo for iBooks. I got as far as printing out the color bands of an old rainbow apple logo onto a transparency for overhead projectors. I made one attempt at cracking the top open, but I couldn't figure out how to get behind the screen. If I ever figure it out I'll proceed. I figure at some point someone will post directions on how to replace the screen. I think it would look pretty sweet. It would retain the very clean look of the powerbook, but spice it up with some nice color.

14. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

I work at a skate shop so i have WAY too many stickers so my car has many and such but i would NEVER put one on my PB! It is too beautiful for that sort of thing

15. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Echoing most of the others on this thread:

Ewwwww, no.

The PB's design is quite elegant, even plain, and doesn't need any decoration.

16. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

anyone have a link for the skins? i'd rele like to look into this

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

im thinking of adding some stickers to mine, but haven't decided just yet... i post pictures if i do, the thing is two years old now.... it could use some sprucing up.

18. fwhh macrumors regular

I changed the color of the apple on the lid to magenta.
    I simply put a LEE (#126, normally used for lighting) gel inside the lid. Quite cool, esp. at night.

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i really really want to change the color of the apple, but i am afraid of Fing up the LCD panel while doing it...... i nice deep blue would be awesome.

20. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I have a sticker on mine. When/if I get a digital camera I shall take a picture for all of you.

21. fwhh macrumors regular

The risk is not sooo big when changing the color. But deep blue (e.g. LEE#120) will be quite faint, because the backlight isn't bright enough support dark colors. If you change it to a dark color, i would suggest to remove the original frost filter.

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

hmmm thanks for the info, you have the same powerbook as me too, maybe if i am feeling adventurous one weekend. would it be hard to take off the 'frost filter'?

23. fwhh macrumors regular

No. Actually it is just a piece of plastic attached with some sticky tape to the back of the lid. :rolleyes:

24. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

gotcha, i will be looking into this sometime soon then..... maybe i will just go for a lighter blue..... thanks for the info

25. pammyspyce macrumors regular

pammyspyce

I like that skin!! Mine is currently natural, but I'm not opposed to a skin. It lives in a RadTech Sleeve to avoid scratching. Can you give the link for the skins, please? :)