Any of you work In the Games Industry?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Uma888, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Jan 10, 2005
    Birmingham, United Kingdom

Are there any members who work in the games industry in theses feilds:

*Think Tank

Im thinking of moving into the gaming industry after i finish my degree (BSc Computer Science) and need a few pointers.

Ty for your help
  2. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Just because things are never simple with me... I work as a freeware developer. I've made a few bob from selling an arcade version of a game to a cabinet producer or 2, doing freelance pixel art for mobile phone games etc.

Jack of all trades I suppose. A studio in london wanted to remake my Titan series for the GBA (Titan Genesis, Titan Exodus and Titan Omega). one game each year in a trilogy set like. but that was about 2 years ago and they've grown uninterested. I got a sneaky email from one of the employees there, saying that they're waiting for either the next GB or perhaps the DS or PSP before starting this up. I sorta figured that when they played the PC version and couldn't have the same level as effects on the GBA itself.

I wouldn't want to work in the games industry though. I just want to be a designer, not specifically games but if they wanted somebody who knew the theories behind game making and stuff then I suppose I could help.
  3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    I plan to do my work experience at either ARM (right next to the local Tescos :p) of one of the nearby game studios (I live just outside Cambridge, so there are quite a few, but I hope to be picked up by Free Radical more than the others :D)