Any one else having issues with iMovie '05?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZildjianKX, Jan 25, 2005.

1. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I know in iMovie '04 you were limited to importing 2 gig DV videos (for some unknown reason to me), and when you tried it would tell you you had to break them up in Quicktime Pro. Anyways, I try to import a large DV video with '05 hoping that they added support, and it hangs... is this a bug, or does anyone know why they have a 2 gig file limit? I'd like to import a 2 hour DV file.

2. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

imovie 5 is HD compadible, thus it is logical to believe that it is a bug you are experiencing since HD video weighs a lot more then 2 gigs (unless you are editing about 5 minutes of footage)

or perhaps, imovie could detect that you are importing DV, and they still have the 2gig limit for editing DV video...

aethier

3. supergod macrumors 6502

More importantly, does iMovie 05 carry on some of the nasty little 04 bugs? On my well equipped 1.6ghz powermac G5, iMovie would either constantly crash or run ultra slow and it absolutely REFUSED to do titles, whatsoever. I had to switch to Final Cut I was so aggrivated with iMovie and I would really like to switch back, because using Final Cut for little movies just feels so ridiculous. I'm still waiting to get iLife 05 so any positive news would be a big push.