Any one use a zCover for Final Cut Pro?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Danksi, May 15, 2006.

1. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I was wondering whether or not anyone actually uses one of these for Final Cut Pro?

Wanted to get an idea of how it feels...

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I know it's not the same thing but I have the 5G iPod case made by ZCover its pretty damn good, it has a good texture and you can press all the buttons just fine, the screen cover is slightly scratched now though, but not to a great degree, and it stick it in my pocket with key's etc. They make a good quality product.

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I haven't found a need for one of those, i memorized most of the shortcuts and i keep learning more the more I edit.

I've heard it's very helpful from others though!

4. Danksi thread starter macrumors 68000

Danksi

I've learned my a lot of the keys, I was just wondering whether it were worth getting one to learn the rest...

However having recently dived into Studio I now realise that some of the other Studio app's short-cuts are similar, but not exactly the same and a dedicated FCP keyboard may just confuse.

I think I'll just put the $'s towards my G5/Intel Tower fund (which I notice you're after as well :)).

5. ikonq macrumors member

the zCovers are alright, but the price is only marginally off that of a LogicKeyboard set of keycaps for FCP.

(i dont mind the idea of having a dedicated keboard mind you, it makes me look more professional when other people see my setup :) )

6. Danksi thread starter macrumors 68000

Danksi

I spotted some of those as well recently. Looked like a better idea.

There is that I guess :)

7. 3dit3r macrumors member

Don't bother. Use your money to get an EZKeyboard (professional series). It has solid keys, nice feel for editing, plus a jog wheel. Don't know how much it is but in most post-houses I work at, that's the keyboard they use. It's well worth it.

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'd drop the money on something else. Odds are you'll modify the keyboard short cuts and any key caps/covers don't help when using modifer keys. If you rarely edit then it might be a good memory jogger, but if you edit on any sort of a regular basis you'll memorize the short cuts in no time.

Almost all the Avids I've worked w/have color coded keycaps on them, but I don't know anyone who uses the default layout so the keycaps are pretty much all wrong anyway.

Lethal

9. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I really need that expandability!!!