Any online merchants selling NEW PowerMac G4s?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GameGuru, Oct 10, 2004.

1. GameGuru macrumors newbie

I can only find some sites with used ones. Specifically I am looking for a dual 1GHz or faster with an AGP port.

2. dblairw macrumors newbie

dblairw

GameGuru - I think we are just out of luck on availability of new PowerMac G4's.

I know both MacConnection and Amazon have not had any remaining stock for several weeks now of the last G4 model, the 1.25 GHz dual boot.

There is a photo of the 1.25 GHz MDD on the Daystar Technology website http://www.daystartechnology.com/. Click on it and it routes you to a page with note to call their Customer Service group for more information.

I suggest you give Daystar sales a call and see if they are able to assist on a new G4.
    ;)

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Local reseller TotallyMac has 2 available, but I have no idea whether they'll sell overseas (you haven't said what country you're in).

4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

The value is just not there for the powermac G4. I would advise you to get an emac or a used single 1.6 GHz G5.

5. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

SmallDog Electronics (www.smalldog.com) or Powermac (www.powermax.com) may have some in stock.

Update: Powermax does indeed have some in stock and hast some terrific deals accompanying those systems.

6. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

Man.. I went and looked at the powermax site. I have no idea how they get these prices for the old machines... 1400 for an old single 1.25??? You can get a new 17" imac for that much.