Any online merchants selling NEW PowerMac G4s?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GameGuru, Oct 10, 2004.

1. GameGuru macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2004
    I can only find some sites with used ones. Specifically I am looking for a dual 1GHz or faster with an AGP port.
  2. dblairw macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2004
    GameGuru - I think we are just out of luck on availability of new PowerMac G4's.

I know both MacConnection and Amazon have not had any remaining stock for several weeks now of the last G4 model, the 1.25 GHz dual boot.

There is a photo of the 1.25 GHz MDD on the Daystar Technology website Click on it and it routes you to a page with note to call their Customer Service group for more information.

I suggest you give Daystar sales a call and see if they are able to assist on a new G4.
  3. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    Local reseller TotallyMac has 2 available, but I have no idea whether they'll sell overseas (you haven't said what country you're in).
  4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
    The value is just not there for the powermac G4. I would advise you to get an emac or a used single 1.6 GHz G5.
  5. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2004
    The Northlands
    SmallDog Electronics ( or Powermac ( may have some in stock.

Update: Powermax does indeed have some in stock and hast some terrific deals accompanying those systems.
  6. csubear macrumors 6502a

Aug 22, 2003
    Man.. I went and looked at the powermax site. I have no idea how they get these prices for the old machines... 1400 for an old single 1.25??? You can get a new 17" imac for that much.