Any other games like Pocket Tanks out there?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gohan, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Gohan macrumors member

Jan 3, 2004
    I’m looking for some fun and simple little games like pocket tanks.
    They should be small in size, sub 50mb, and have simple enough controls to be able to play easily on a notebook & ideally combat or puzzle based.

Can any of you suggest some games that meat this criteria?

2. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    #2 has plenty of small games. has plenty of small games. The only two high-quality, low-budget game companies I think of right now. might have a few games that are small, but not in size. Oh, and you ever played the card game A--hole, find A--hole II. It's the unofficial follow-up to the original A--hole on the Mac. It was a lot of fun on GameRanger. A--hole II doesn't currently have GameRanger support, but when it does, I'm sure there will be tons of people playing.

PocketTanks was an okay game. It didn't convince me enough to buy it, but it was fun for a short time.
  3. Gohan thread starter macrumors member

Jan 3, 2004
    Thanks for the links, some good stuff on there.

It's nice to play a few retro style games from time to time.
  4. Ari_0 macrumors regular

Jul 4, 2004
    May i recommend C&C Generals :rolleyes:

Its not just a tank though, its a full army warfare played in real-time (get'em b4 they get U). Oh and it isn't free. But its fantastic. Oh and you need 1Ghz. ok ok I will just shut up now ...................:(
  5. Gohan thread starter macrumors member

Jan 3, 2004
    C&C Generals is a great game. I have it on the PC as I doubt it would run all that well on a 800mhz iBook.