Any other iBook owners have trouble with their audio balance changing?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by sk1985, Jan 29, 2006.

1. sk1985 macrumors regular

For some reason since day one of ownership my iBook's audio balance keeps changing either all the way to the left or right. I'm pretty tired of having to reset it to the middle every couple of days. Anyone know what the problem can be? Also I have a brand new 12 inch iBook I bought a month ago. I'm a little worried because one of my PCs that had that problem had to get it's motherboard replaced for a similar problem. I'm a little annoyed by the problem because none of my other Macs have had this problem.

2. sk1985 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats just plain yucky. I hope that bug gets fixed soon. I might just drop down to panther on my ibook till this bug is fixed. It's getting super annoying. At least you took a load off of my mind.

3. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i didn't experience the bug in panther, but others did. its annoying.

5. sk1985 thread starter macrumors regular

My mac mini with panther is fine. I thought this bug was a hardware issue. Anyway does anyone know if apple is going to fix this bug? It's kind of major.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it happens to my ibook, but much more rarely - like once a month? Maybe less. I can't imagine that it's worth it to go down to Panther for this (lose dashboard, spotlight, automator, or whatever you use in Tiger) to avoid going in to system prefs every couple of days? I'd just deal with it if it were me... but to each his own.

7. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

I was just about to ask this question. Mine always goes over to the right, about one line. Any idea what causes this?