Any other media players work with iWeb??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rympy, Jan 29, 2007.

1. rympy macrumors member

Im trying to setup a homepage for my band with iWeb and I want to know if there are any 3rd party apps that will play media on sites published through iWeb..

The idea is I want to have music playing automatically when people go to the site similar to myspace music pages.. also if it could work with video like that it would be great. Maybe there any pop-up windows that could facilitate music being played even when switching pages on the site??

As far as I can tell iWeb only works with quicktime and the user must actually press play to listen to those media files while browsing.

Thanks

btw I do have a myspace, but I dislike using it because it is painfully slow to update ..

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

If you are publishing to .mac then I think your only option will be QT like you described. If you are publishing to a personal server, then I suppose you could take the generated html code and hack into it as you like. I don't think there will be any easy 3rd-party solution that you are looking for.

Basically, what you are asking for requires you to make your page in something other than iWeb (Dreamweaver, hand-coding, etc.).

3. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

You can use iWeb Enhancer to put HTML on your iWeb page. It is a clever way of doing it and works really well. That way you can link to another media player (a flash player, or the player from your myspace page or something).

If I may ask a related question of my own: are songs you put on your webpage (using the built-in tools) automatically downloadable, or can they be made just to stream?