Any other north-westians experience that?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I woke up this beautiful morning, set up the bar at my cousins pub. lovely and hot. I know! I'll go for a walk on the moors.
    Whoa! This is so hot I'm going to take off my shirt. What a rebel passers by might have said.
    I'm clambering over the tops and I see dark clouds hovering over Manchester. I thought to myself "If somebody was here I'd tell them a monster of a storm was coming". I actually did think that too. Of course it was still a sweltering 29ºc so nobody would believe me.

an hour later and I'm making my way down a cliff face. the sound of rolling thunder echoes in the reservoir below. you could just tell it was going to get interesting. BOOM! again! Still no rain though. BOoOOM! noticeably louder. noticeably closer. Lightning can be seen shooting down from the heavens to the ground. but not your typical british lightning. oooh no. constant all over stuff. run down the tops. even surpassed those experienced ramblers, you know who you are. ended up hurting my ankle. rang up pops for a lift home. bought a 500ml cheapo drink of still orange for a QUID. ran to the meeting spot. got in. got home. just in time for Sunday tea. went upstairs to grab a quick shower, only to see all the curtains dancing from the wind. BANG! it caught up with us.
    Rain hit. just some kind of evil monster rain that could kill a puppy.

it was bloody incredible! constant lightning for a good hour or so. now me, I LOVE a good storm. but even I ended up getting bored and going back to my DS.

The ground has had a good and well deserved drink.

Anyone else feel it? I rang my girlfriend up in Hyde, few miles from my house. she was in the thick of it too so it must have been epic.

2. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

The England football team certainly felt it. Norther based players who went on from the first drop at Stanstead were due to land in Manchester, but they were diverted to Liverpool because of this storm.

Must have been a big one.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

I'm jealous!!!

I never get bored of storms!!!

4. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Still love the pics from a storm last year in Brisbane, Australia...

Attached Files:

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Oh yeah... but earlier in the day. It hit over Scotland around 10am and lingered for several hours