Any other old farts have trouble with outdoor visibility?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by nafai23, Jun 14, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I'm 40 and my eyes are not as good as they were 10 years ago.

Anyone else having problems with the visibility on apps like messaging and other thin non contrasty text?

I run with my brightness higher on ios7 than I did on 6.

2. macrumors regular

I have some older friends that have trouble seeing the screen as well

3. macrumors 6502

i don't think it's an age-related issue. i have iOS7 installed on my ipod touch and it is barely viewable outside compared to my iPhone running iOS6.

4. macrumors regular

lokey

Agreed. Those thin font is difficult to read outdoors. Control Center is impossible to see outside.

5. macrumors 603

You can make the font bolder / bigger in Settings > General > Accessibility. There are a couple settings for the font in there.

6. macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

I have trouble inside :eek:....but I like it overall. I think a slightly bolder font is going to be necessary especially depending on the background/wallpaper one uses, at least as an option. The current setting are not enough or possibly don't work yet... or I'm so old I can't see any difference

7. macrumors 603

There are options ^

8. ReallyOldGuy, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

Thanks...I had tried those but couldn't tell the difference , however they may not yet be functional or i'm just to blind to tell the difference:p

EDIT: I had gone for Text Size.... Accessibility settings do improve the ability to read everything except the lock screen

9. macrumors 65816

I'm 53 and the thin fonts are terrible for me. If they don't fix this in the final version I may have to looks elsewhere which is a pretty big thing for me to say. I won't like it on my iPad.