Any Point in .Mac with Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JimmyB248, Aug 11, 2006.

1. JimmyB248 macrumors regular

Mar 8, 2006
    Having seen the preview of Leopard with Time Machine and this talk of sharing Address Book and iCal it seems to me that .Mac has less and less use. Having just purchased a year of .Mac I could be a little annoyed. However I've still got my iDisk and Email address and can make a website.

But when Leopard is released I wonder if there will be any changes to .Mac? Maybe it will become standard with the OS, or see a price drop?

Any ideas?
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    All that sharing stuff looks nice, but it still has to be hosted somewhere. I think that the Leopard features and .mac are attempting to solve different problems.
  3. LastBreath macrumors member

May 27, 2005
    South Wales, UK
    I have to admit I'm still looking for a 'real' reason to buy a .mac sub, and with Leopard i would think they would be trying to push it as much as possible.

I can't see anything that grabs my attention, maybe iweb, lets hope there is a small price drop at least.
  4. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    As someone who does make use of BackUp on a daily basis (to .mac for contacts, bookmarks, prefs, etc.. and the same plus my iTunes, iPhoto libraries and work folders to an external drive), I found Time Machine to be something of great interest but also concern. Regardless as if non .mac users will be able to use Time Machine this does take away one item from my list of .mac features. I will still keep .mac because I love the sync options, all my macs are in sync, I couldn't function without it, I also do like the accessibility to my iDisk and web options, ease of use for publishing photos.. but still, I have to ask, what more is to come to .mac, something makes me think that with the release of 10.5 we will see some new .mac features... at least that is what I am hoping for :)
  5. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Eh, your year will be nearly up when Leopard comes, so it doesn't matter. If you find Leopard makes .Mac useless, then don't renew.