Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
That I should be aware of? I have decided to sit this line of MB and MBP to make a later decision. I think the iMac would be a good buy and there is speculation that it may be upgradeable to a Merom. :)

So yeah any problems from any of you who own them? Thanks!

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2006
They're excellent machines... can't go wrong with one! I personally haven't had even the slightest reason for complaint with mine, and don't expect to. There don't seem to be any of the QC issues that their are with the MB and MBP.

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Thanks for the quick reply. I also want to mention that I may be buying refurbished. I have read some horror stories and some successes. Including getting one with better specs then advertised. I think I will take the plunge for 300 in savings and a 20" screen. Anyone in the refurb camp care to share not just imac but any refurb. Thanks!

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
kevin.rivers said:
That I should be aware of? I have decided to sit this line of MB and MBP to make a later decision. I think the iMac would be a good buy and there is speculation that it may be upgradeable to a Merom. :)

So yeah any problems from any of you who own them? Thanks!

No problems what so ever. Flawless machines.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
I Third the flawless machine route. Its excelent, fast, and beautiful looking :D

Kirbdog

macrumors regular
Just Got a Refurbished One

I bought a refurb 20" last week. It arrived a few days ago and I have been impressed with it so far. Transferred all my data from my powerbook and when it re-booted everything was where it should be and was all in order. Only found a few programs that would not run on it. Updated every app. I could to its universal version and have been quite happy. I really like Front Row, it was this or a new TV, I think I made the right choice.
I didn't get any free upgrades but I am happy with the savings.
Except for the brown box I can't tell that this is not a brand new iMac.

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
the only thing wrong with the imac is that you can't stuff it in your backpack and take it to school with you ;) so, i guess i need a MB, eh?

don't fret over being refurbished...i've bought two macs refurbished and both were in excellent working order. and they get the same warranty as new products, so it's really not a bad decision, IMO.

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Yeah I know what you mean. I want to sit out on this round of notebooks though. I am not really impressed by them. The iMac seems to be a better choice ATM especially at the steal price of the 20" core duo.

kugino said:
the only thing wrong with the imac is that you can't stuff it in your backpack and take it to school with you ;) so, i guess i need a MB, eh?

don't fret over being refurbished...i've bought two macs refurbished and both were in excellent working order. and they get the same warranty as new products, so it's really not a bad decision, IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.