Any recumbent riders around here?

Discussion in 'Community' started by wkw, Aug 2, 2005.

1. wkw macrumors 6502

wkw

With all the geeks/nerds on this forum I figure some of you must ride one.

here's mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its a Titanium Rotator Pursuit made in Santa Rosa CA. It has 54 speeds :eek: and is fast and comfortable.

bill

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

I've only ridden the recumbent stationary bikes at health clubs - never really got comfortable with them, though. When I ride at the local forest preserve, I often see one or two people on these things, though, so I think they're gaining some popularity.

Can you get good speeds on them, or are they more for leisurely rides?

3. wkw thread starter macrumors 6502

wkw

They are tyically a little slower uphill although there are people who train alot and are very fast on all terrain. There are lots of different types of recumbents: commuting/touring, dedicated high speed bikes and even off-road 'bents. Not to mention trikes and quads.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A very interesting bicycle. I have seen at least one of them on the road here in Boston. My big question would be if they are adjustable for someone that is 6' 8"?

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

You know, I've seen a few of these around town but didn't know that's what they were called. It looks like fun, for someone with a better back than mine. ;)

6. wkw thread starter macrumors 6502

wkw

I think my bike would fit someone 6'8"

7. Lau Guest

I could be wrong, but I think people actually ride these if they have a bad back, because they're much better for your back than being hunched over a conventional bike.