Any rumors on FCE?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by yoak, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. yoak macrumors 65816

    yoak

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2004
    Location:
    Oslo, Norway
    #1
    I´m going to buy FCE when it becomes UB, as I don´t really need the whole FCS.

    Has there been any rumors on when this might happen?
     
  2. macpastor macrumors regular

    macpastor

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2006
    #2
    Last I heard was May/June for FCE. It sucks to have to wait, but that seems to be the last thing they are concerned about.
     
  3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

    FF_productions

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    #3
    Do you have a intel mac? Your sig tells me you have an iBook, meaning you don't need to wait for a universal version...I hope I'm not sounding like an idiot.
    http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/
     
  4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

    RBMaraman

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2002
    Location:
    Prospect, KY
    #4
    NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Conference takes place in April in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is the event where the past several years Apple has released new versions of Final Cut Studio.

    It's virtually guaranteed we'll get a new version of FC Studio, and possibly FCE.
     
  5. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

    yoak

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2004
    Location:
    Oslo, Norway
    #5
    Sorry, should have been more clear. I have a 20" iMac on the way. I don´t want to jinx it by adding it to my sig before I get my hands on it;)
     
  6. FF_productions macrumors 68030

    FF_productions

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    #6
    I see, I guess you'll have to wait until may-june for universal version...Unless you want to get Final Cut Studio...
     
  7. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

    Texas04

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2005
    Location:
    Texas
    #7
    Im in the same boat... but A new computer... and FCS is waaay to crazy on the bank account... lol
     
  8. Danksi macrumors 68000

    Danksi

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2005
    Location:
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    #8
    FC-Studio '6' not until after June 26th at least?

    I'm waiting for an NAB announcement for Final Cut Studio '6', but wasn't expecting it to be available for some time after that.

    However I spotted this promotion for an Final Cut Studio discount when you buy a new PowerMac, iMac or MacBook Pro. It says it'll end June 26th.

    So I'm assuming FCS6 won't be made available until after this date, in which case I think I'll be picking up 5.1 sometime in the next couple of weeks.
     

Share This Page