Any scratch removal products?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Cerano, Apr 17, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Hey guys any products we can use to keep our MBAs in pristine condition and remove scratches?

2. macrumors 65816

Oppressed

First thing that comes to mind is Brasso, but an abrasive such as that might actually tarnish the matte coating around the scratches which would just make it worse. Long story short I think we may be out of luck.

3. macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

My first week of owning my MBA 13, I was going to move my Superdrive while still plugged in. The extremely short cord got me and it fell on my palmrest area leaving a ugly scratch. I had some Novus #2 fine scratch remover for glass and plastic. I used it and it did a good job. It was very obvious before and after 5 minutes of buffing, I really have to search for the spot.

4. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Fine sandpaper?

I'm joking, by the way. Only use superfine sandpaper.

5. macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I bought it in a 4 pack (I think) from Amazon a while back for scratches on my picture frame. The #2 did not tarnish around the outside of the scratch. But buyer beware, lol.... It worked for me.:D

Attached Files:

6. macrumors 6502

brasso works fine. been using it for 2 years now on the mbp.

7. macrumors member

I used to clean my Black MacBook with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. It would have scratches that seemed would not come out with light soap and a rag but immediately lifted out with the magic eraser. That was a plastic case however, I'm not sure how it works on the aluminum unibody style.