Any Serial ATA Cards?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by madamimadam, Jun 16, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

Jan 3, 2002
    I want to get in before the boom and start selling serial ATA cards and drives... only problem is that I can't find any cards with MacOS support... anyone know one?

Also, a RAID card is prefered since I see that RAID is the only real value for serial ATA at the moment.
  2. macrumors 68000

Jul 9, 2001
    London, UK
    There is no point in getting a Serial ATA PCI card since it would not be as fast as the built in IDE controller. Only new Hyper Transport Macs will see the speed benfits of S-ATA. Also S-ATA is not capable of RAID at the moment.
  3. macrumors regular

Jul 4, 2002
    sorry, this is wrong.
    pc motherboards support sata raid.

I too have been looking for such a card.

i care about the air flow not the speed.
  4. macrumors demi-god

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Currently SATA will only provide a speed boost over PATA if you get the 10k S ATA HDDs. The speed bottle neck of 7200RPM IDE HDDs are the drives themselves not the bandwidth between them and the rest of the computer. Unless you get a higher spinning drive you won't notice any difference between SATA and PATA.

5. macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    Just get rounded ATA cables... you can buy them online.
  6. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 3, 2002
    Correct... while I am still looking for a Mac compatibile card, I know Adaptec make both a standard and RAID PCI card for Windows. Might point out, though, I would not buy one myself, I just want to sell them to those who do want to buy one.