Any shot at a Wii by Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bowens, Nov 20, 2006.

1. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I tried to get a Wii at Midnight Saturday with no luck. I really want one and would like to have one by Thanksgiving if possible. I want to show it off to my family coming into town. Does anybody know when second shipments are coming? I heard some rumors that some places would be getting more as early as today. I don't know about that but has anybody heard anything else?

2. Motley macrumors 6502

I've heard from some people I know at Best Buy and Target that Wednesday/Thursday for next shipment. Not sure how many they're getting, though.

3. Quik-Tix macrumors newbie

Don't know about shipments, but prices on ebay this morning are now in the low $300's, so you're only at about a ~$75 premium. Last night the lowest was over $400. I saw several end for around $330 including shipping. Figure dependin on the tax in your state, retail cost is $250 + $12.50 (if 5%) = $262. After ebay fees sellers are making next to nothing now.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Wal marts should be getting another 30 or so some time in the next week. I would imagine the same would apply for other bigger stores.

5. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

The costco in my area (Miami, FL) is going to get their shipment tomm, they had none for launch. Soooo looks like I'll be there in the morning!:D

6. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

I've called around to all the stores in my area and nobody has any and nobody knows when they're getting any more. This sucks. I guess I'll just keep calling everyday until I find something out.

7. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Dude call gamestops/eb games. I just got mine today, because they recieved the "public" wiis that they can sell, and are NOT pre-order. keep callin'!

8. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

I picked up one on eBay.

New Wii
    Extra Wiimote
    Zelda

$365. Which is what it would cost exactly in my state with tax :)
    $10 extra for shipping. Still a great deal considering they are going for $430 plus for just the Wii alone.

I would rummage through eBay and see what you can find. I stumbled across that one and couldnt pass it up.

9. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

That's what I've been doin' too. I also went to some places. No one has them and they "don't know when the next shipment is". I'm a call tomorrow morning too.

Mine didn't get any and one GS I called put me on hold and never picked up. Them bastards. I saw them do that in the store one time too.

10. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Circuit City, EB Games, Gamestop; in my area they all say that they do not know when they are getting more in when I called today.

11. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

you should prob get one before thanksgiving, lots of shipments coming in

12. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

Don't forget to try Toys R Us-- they apparently get the most wiis; I've seen a 20% figure. Unfortunately, the local one here is so incompetent that the employees don't answer the phone.

13. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I went to ToysRUs today to see. They had lots of empty boxes on display, but no actual Wii's. They did have LOTS of copies of Zelda though, a game that's hard to find in most stores. The guy at the counter was friendly and just said to call once or twice a week to see if they have any. He said they're told to keep the boxes on display even if they don't have any to sell. (the woman in front of me in line bought one!! but I'm pretty sure it had been reserved).

14. torid110 macrumors regular

The toys r' us in times square (site of the east coast midnight launch) got a crapload in today. My brother went there on his lunch break today and picked one up. Although the nunchucks are no where to be found :mad: