Any solution of remapping the keyboard?? What are the Home & End keys doing??

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by msharp, Jul 16, 2004.

1. msharp macrumors regular

msharp

I'm just switched to Mac and bought a PowerMac G5 these days. I found everything is pretty good, but one problem.

The Home & End keys are not doing what they should??? Actually i don't like using commmand+left or right as if working on a laptop...

can anyone help me to ReMap the functional keys to make them normal?

thanks in advance.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

How are Home and End behaving for you (and which application(s) are you using)? I tried the Home and End keys in TextEdit, and they behave as expected (moving the scrollbar to the beginning or end of the document), but for some stupid reason, they don't move the insertion point - I have to click where I want the insertion point to be after moving.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The insertion point doesn't move on my system either, so I think that's deliberate.

Interestingly (but not surprisingly - it is MS), Word doesn't seem to behave correctly - the Home and End keys move to the start and end of the current line instead of the document :confused:

Edit: Just posted to the MS newsgroup to see whether anyone else's copy of Word behaves like this.

4. msharp thread starter macrumors regular

msharp

i'm sorry, maybe i was wrong cause i'm used to be m$ custom: Use Home & End key to move to the beginning and ending of the current line, and Ctrl+Home/End is move to the beginning and ending of the current passage.
    Allright, i'll get use to Apple's ....thanks everyone.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Something you'll learn is that just because MS does something one way doesn't mean that it's right :)

Example: Windows is the only OS to put the close button on the right-hand side of the title bar.