Any teachers receive iLife and Keynote yet?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Pismo, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

My mom is a 5th grade teacher and she asked me to order iLife and Keynote for teachers the day Apple introduced the promotion ($14.95). She hasn't recieved her copy yet and I was wondering if any teachers here have gotten their software from Apple yet.

2. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

The teacher I know that ordered it is still waiting....what's up with Apple?

3. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

Mine came less than a week after I placed the order - don't forget it comes to the school.

4. Pismo thread starter macrumors 6502

Pismo

I e-mail my mom every day and she hasn't mentioned if it came yet. When I ordered it, I got an order confirmation from Apple and it said that they would e-mail her when it shipped. She hasn't received an e-mail as far as I know of. Did you get an e-mail saying Apple shipped your software?

Also, what's in the package? Is it a padded envelope with the CD's or do you get the boxes? My guess is that they come in an envelope.

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

my mom got hers and her free jaguar all in about a week. She ordered it like the beginning of february. Hope that helps.

6. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I received mine in about a week and a half. Got iLife/Keynote faster than I received my 12" PB!

7. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Sorry for the double post.

The package was an envelope. No jewel cases, just the paper envelopes.

I received three disks: 1) Keynote, 2) iLife w/iDVD, and 3) iLife w/o iDVD

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Apple really wants to make sure your not reselling them too..... even when you install the program is says KEYNOTE NFR and the splash dialog says Not for Resale. I kinda found it funny the first few times but now it look cheap

9. barhnt macrumors member

i have recieved them

It took about 1 week and i got it. I am a 5th and 6th grade ESL teacher. I also ordered OSx and got that in one week too. Your friend should look into what the hold up is. It does not take long to recieve these from apple educator at all.

10. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

My mom is an ESL teacher too, great minds love apple i guess. but its not like we didn't know that already :)

I also shoudl say the distro center is in indiana and i'm in illinois so I actualyl got mine before the shipping notice :)

11. Pismo thread starter macrumors 6502

Pismo

Got them!!

The software came last week while my mom was on vacation. She got it in her mailbox today.

12. barhnt macrumors member

glad to here it came. I hope she enjoys it . i know i did.